Where do Can Manufacturers turn for learning and resources – not just any resources, but resources related to their craft? Let me preface this by saying, this article is not exhaustive. In fact, it’s just one person’s view of available resources. We’re hoping that this spurs some input from readers. What do YOU use to follow the can making industry and all that is related? Send me an email with your go-to resources, and I’ll compile all of the resources in another article.
- Host Mike Rowe showcases one of the plants responsible for making the most important metal in the world, aluminum, on ‘How America Works.’
- How It’s Made: Aluminum Beverage Can
- Metal Packaging Manufacturers Association YouTube Channel
- Can Manufacturing Professionals WorldWide (LinkedIn)
Books, and Publications
- The 2023-2028 World Outlook for Beverage Cans Paperback – May 10, 2022
- Aluminium Can Manufacturing Plant Project Report: Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Investment Opportunities, Cost and Revenue 2022-2027
- Hosford, William F. and John L. Duncan. “The Aluminum Beverage Can.” Scientific American, September 1994, pp. 48-53.
- Larson, Melissa. “New Ideas Come In Cans.” Packaging, April 1993, pp. 30-31.
- Singh, S. Paul. “Internal Gas Pressure on the Compression Strength of Beverage Cans and Plastic Bottles.” Journal of Testing and Evaluation, March 1993, pp. 129-31.
Articles and Reports
- World’s 7 Leading Beverage Can Manufacturers, 2021
- Aluminum Makers Seek Old Cans, Shredded Cars to Fuel New Plants
- Manufacturing Industrial Goods: Do You Know How Aluminum Cans Are Made?
All things not yet published…
Stay in touch as new resources, news, and updates become available by using Google Alerts. Visit www.google.com/alerts and enter keywords and phrases you’d like to monitor. As new content is created, you’ll receive a notice based on your notification frequency.
Dwayne Butcher, Director of Marketing
I’ve always been drawn to better and smarter ways of working and communicating, to continuously improve processes for me, my team, my company, the community, and the world.